Thursday, September 4, 2014

September Goals

Source

Happy Thursday friends!

I was reading some posts this morning on Bloglovin', which, if you haven't heard of it, is an amazing site where you can keep track of all of your favorite blogs in one place.  Four words.  Bea.  U.  Ti.  Ful.  Simply amazing.  That is how I keep track of all my favorites like The Blue Dishes, Unscripted, and A Beautiful Exchange.  

Any way, back to the original message.  I was reading another on of my Favorite, Oak & Oats, this morning, and I caught site of Elizabeth's September Goals.  First off, I love her blog any way, and secondly, I love that she laid out a list of things she wants to accomplish this month!!  A list!  Brilliant, simply brilliant!  

I am an avid list maker.  I make grocery lists, to do lists, to read lists, to craft lists, and so on and so forth.  I also make lists all the time!  I literally have a piece of paper and a pencil next to my night stand so that I can make a list in the middle of the night if I have to.  I am also that kid in class who sits in the front row and makes a list of all the things I could be doing instead of being in class.  Yes, that is me.  I love the idea of lists, and the organization they bring, so when I read Elizabeth's blog this morning, my mind was made up: I am going to set goals for each month!  

Now, Elizabeth's goals are actually really amazing than mine, but that is not the point, dear friends.  The point is, I am laying out the tasks I want to accomplish, and I am taking the first steps to succeeding!  So here we go!

SEPTEMBER GOALS

1.)  Organize my bedroom.


This sounds simple.  It is not, which is why I have (and I cannot believe that I did) posted a picture of my mess.  Yes.  I am living out of the suitcase laying on the bed.  I am SUPER messy!!  This is kind of why I want to be organized.  Because I live in a mess, I feel like my life is a mess, but it is not.  I have a wonderful fiancĂ© who loves me dearly, I have a spectacular roommate that puts up with all my crap, I have wonderful friends, I have an amazing family, I am truly blessed!!  But my home is a mess, and that is something that I am not okay with anymore. 

2.)  Get my football decor finished!


Once again this sounds simple, and this one actually is.  Maybe this is an easy goal!  Haha.  I am halfway through with my football decor, and I really just need to give it a final push!  Eventually, I will be done, and it will be celebrated!

3.)  Eat healthier meals.


This is code for: Eat out less.  I love to cook, and I am okay at it.  I need to focus on coming home from class and fixing dinner for me and possibly Josh.  One of the reasons I don't like to do that is because I don't want to have to clean up my dinner mess, but that will just have to be accomplished!

4.)  Clean out my closet.


Haha, another picture I cannot BELIEVE I am showing you!  My closet!  It is awful too.  By cleaning it out, I am planning on going through and donating things that I CANNOT WEAR RIGHT NOW!!  I am so bad, like I am sure everyone is, about saving clothes thinking, "When I lose the weight, I can wear this again!"  I got news for y'all.  When I lose the weight, I am going to buy more clothes.  I am not saving these in "hopes."  I am donating them to help someone else!  That is all the "hope" I need!

5.)  Blog more consistently.


I know you are laughing because you are like, "Tricia, you blog all the time!" but really.  I blog about nonsense sometimes, and I don't like that.  While I love the idea of #tbt, sometimes I literally think I did that so that I don't have to write about what is going on!  Seriously!  I want to offer you all the best that I can write, and sometimes, that is super hard!  Still I am going to do it, and I am going to succeed!

What are your goals for September?  Any goals you feel are impossible to accomplish?  Like I said, let me know!

XOXO
Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...