Thursday, August 28, 2014

Things I'm Learning

Hello Friends!

So is it really only Thursday?????  Whaaaatt??  It feels like it should be Friday already.  And we thought Wednesday was hump day.  Have you ever had those weeks that just go on, and on, and on?? Yes?  Yes.  This is one of those weeks for us.  It just keeps going.  But through the course of the week, I have learned some pretty cool things (trust me, nothing life changing so don't get too excited).

1.  I was scrolling through one of Haley's posts from this week (or last) on The Blue Dishes (which is now a dot com I might add), and I stumbled on a post about doing this closet challenge thing.  I am going to let you in on a little secret: That is not actually what it is called.  It is called Capsule Wardrobe, and you can read a little more about it at this link (Thank's Haley for finding it!).  Essentially, it is the idea that you clear your closet of all but 37 items, and you wear those 37 items for the whole season!!!  So example, fall is around the corner.  You would pack up all your clothes, except for your 37 pieces, and you would refrain from shopping (at all!!) until the last two weeks of the season.  However, your shopping is limited to items you can wear for the upcoming season.  I am ALWAYS standing in my closet thinking, "I have nothing to wear!"  I kind of really want to try this capsule thing, because I like the idea of being a minimalist (let me be clear: I am NOT currently anywhere close to being a minimalist!).  Still, interesting idea!


2.  Somehow I went from Haley's blog to a new blog that I really like reading.  Oaks & Oats.  I really like it!!  One of the things I read about was this thing called thredUP.  I might be the only person in the world who has not heard of this, but I think it is totally awesome!!  It is like an online Plato's Closet!!  You sign up with your email, and shop around for clothes and accessories!  It is totally awesome.  If you follow this link, thredUP will give you a $10 discount on your first purchase!  I logged on and immediately found things that I liked!  So much for Capsule Closet?  I am still going to try to do that slowly, but first the rest of my life have to be a little more organized!  In the meantime, I think this thredUP will be fun! 


3.  Remember how I have been so pumped about Zumba?  Remember how I was in that wreck?  Yes well, the thing about bruised ribs is that if you don't let them heal, they hurt worse!  What does this mean?  It means I actually overdid it at Zumba on Monday!!  I actually hurt myself worse!  So I am learning patience.  I want to be fit and healthy now, but I am not.  I have to take my baby steps to get there.  Josh and I both do.  This is part of my recovery from the wreck: healing.  While I am totally bummed, I am okay knowing that I can get back into this as soon as my body is ready.  Until then?  Advil and books!  


What have you learned this week?  Any new groundbreaking secrets?  Like I said, let me know!

XOXO
Tricia


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...